golbssenssateews

I could describe my blog, lla syas eman sti tub!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Blodder

I have it, I now know my raison d'blog. I have my blog fodder. I can finally seek the reinforcement that my wife has long struggled to impart. I will make a public display of the ssenssateews finds from the world of thrift. While I will forever be minion to thriftmaster k$, and many others, I feel I have found some good goods. And this will be my showcase.

I start with my latest find, and a question of much import. How can a company that once made shoes of such awesomeness, and thick catalogs that entertained many a curious adolescent boy, wither away into nothingness? No one really knows. But while they lived, Sears did indeed make a fine shoe.


That may have set me back $4.59, but perhaps you didn't see the traction on those babys:
Perhaps, again, you were unable to see the superb traction on these shoes, due in part to my utter incompetence in the layout of pictures on this page... suffice it to say that the traction is more than adequate, and that shoe to surface adhesion is out of sight!

And if you (like I) wonder what one could possibly wear with such a fine piece of footwear, without demeaning their very existence, I would respond with:


That's right, JC Penny slacks (and clip on tie mind you) and a tapered, Now Breed by Campus 100% ArnelĀ© Triacetate shirt. You may inquire "must I iron that shirt?" Not according to the NEVER IRON tag. Match that (or don't) with a Texas made Nocona Belt Co. cincture and a state of the art (circa 1983) Lasercraft laser etched wood tennis player belt buckle and those treads will feel right at home.
Total estimated cost $15. Actual retail value? Priceless*


*actual retail value of aforeblogged goods may or may not be at or significantly below the price quoted above.

3 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 9:43 AM, Blogger Maui said...

Truly sweetassness. I am not sure if any can ever out thrift the master K-$ unless perhaps it is his brother Ian, which is understandable as it seems to run in the blood line. However Woo my man those are truly a great find. Although I would like to get a closer view of the belt buckle.

 
At November 14, 2005 5:15 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I don't know if you know that K-$ has furnished most of our house, his wardrobe, and my shoe selection from the Topeka Goodwill. But you are making some good efforts.

 
At November 16, 2005 11:21 PM, Blogger Marc said...

You humble us all Woo... you humble us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home