golbssenssateews

I could describe my blog, lla syas eman sti tub!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Brats, and how awesome they are...

After talking with a thriftstore exemplar about some of his recent purchases... I finally decided I needed to give the St. Louis Goodwill(s) another chance. Apparently, Target stores donate returned and slightly damaged goods to Goodwill. This is a good thing. After my first few trips to the Goodwills here, I was totally convinced that they had a strict enforcement of "anything from the 90's only" for accepting and selling merchandise... A thoroughly disappointing selection of clothing, etc. However, having the Christmas spirit, I thought, what the hay! (I doubt that my mind really used that phrase, but then again, it just did there, so who knows?) I stopped by the stores on my ride home... My treasure will go down as my best post-Christmas present ever! Okay, it wasn't that awesome... but I did find a Tiger digital video camera for kids. I figured, if it works, it is worth 5 bucks... maybe my wife and I can finally put up that webcam we have spent so many hours rehearsing for? Well, the purchase was made, and when I got home, not only did it work, but it had a surprise work of art: The first and only video it had recorded. After consulting with my lawyers*, I deemed it necessary to post it in its entirety. (okay, it is only like 30 seconds)





I call it "drunk dad demos sucky toy camera to spoiled brat kid on christmas morning". Enjoy!




Feel free to post your commentary on this short film.

* I may or may not have actually consulted said people

5 Comments:

At January 12, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Kris said...

My favorite part about the film (besides the fact I'm pretty sure it could've been recorded at my house during my childhood--my stepdad liked his eggnog to include a little rum): The ceramic pig in a santa suit.
Who buys and displays a ceramic pig in a santa suit? Man, that's bad taste. (I can judge. I have impeccable taste).

 
At January 13, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Maui said...

Man where are the thrift store camera's that come with tapes of people getting it on. Now that would be a prize.

 
At January 13, 2006 10:49 AM, Blogger syd said...

you can find all those videos online, you don't have to buy any cameras!

 
At January 13, 2006 2:13 PM, Blogger s.lloyd said...

I think the little brat was right. Sounds like his siter got a better gift, and he was pissed. Who hasn't been a little pissed when their gift is worse than someone elses? I still throw a tantrum if my brother gets something I wanted.

 
At January 13, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Marc said...

I'm holding out for the webcam action.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home